- India's wholesale-price index slowed to +5.05% on year in January from +6.2% in December and was below forecasts of 5.6%.
- The WPI data adds to a reading which showed that CPI eased to +8.8% last month from +9.9% in December.
- The falling inflation comes as the Reserve Bank of India focuses on reducing consumer prices, with the RBI hiking interest rates three times since September.
- However, economist Suvodeep Rakshit says that with inflation softening, "there is no case for raising rates" at this time. "At the same time, given that core inflation is still high, the central bank won't have room to cut rates."
- The Sensex is +0.2% and the USD-INR is +0.2% 62.285 rupees.
- ETFs: EPI, INDY, SCIF, PIN, INP, INDL, ICN, INR, INDA, SCIN, INXX, INCO, SMIN
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Wed, 4:07PM)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 10, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 12, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 23, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 12, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs