- Anglo American (AAUKF) made its second consecutive net loss in 2014 after the mining company wrote down wrote down $1.9B in the value of assets as commodity demand continued to be soft.
- Still, net losses narrowed to $961M from $1.47B a year earlier but badly missed consensus for a profit of $2.01B.
- Underlying profit fell 7% to $2.7B, above analyst forecasts of $2.38B.
- Total revenue +1% to $33.06B.
- Net debt rose to $10.7B from $8.5B and could reach $15B by the end of 2014.
- Despite the loss, Anglo American maintained its dividend at $0.85 a share. (PR)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs