- Stock futures trimmed early gains after the Empire State manufacturing index came in below expectations; the S&P, Dow and Nasdaq are all +0.1%.
- European markets trade broadly lower after a disappointing reading on German economic sentiment; Asian markets closed mixed, but Japan's Nikkei rallied 3% after the BOJ said it would double incentives designed to increase bank lending.
- Forest Labs +30% premarket after Actavis confirms it will buy its rival for $25B in cash and stock; Coca-Cola -2.5% as Q4 revenues fell short of estimates.
- Treasurys are modestly higher to start the day, with the 10-year yield off one basis point at 2.74%.
- Still ahead: NAHB housing index.
Stock futures trim gains after Empire State results
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs