- Nabors Industries (NBR) +2.3% AH after posting a slight drop in Q4 operating earnings but coming in ahead of analyst estimates.
- NBR's completion and production services, which includes its U.S. well servicing and pressure-pumping operations, posted a Y/Y adjusted operating income drop of 21%; adjusted operating earnings at the drilling and rig services business rose 11%.
- While its international rig count was flat in Q4, NBR was able to boost margins due to lower costs to move rigs and other items.
- Says it reinvested $1.4B in new rigs and technological upgrades while cutting its debt level by $870M.
- Last year should represent "the low point in Nabors' protracted five-year tough," CEO Tony Petrello says, adding that he sees "substantial, year-over year quarterly improvement" in results starting next quarter.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Dec 30, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 22, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 16, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 12, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 10, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs