- January housing starts of 880K were 16% below those in December, the largest sequential decline since February 2011, and are 2% below the January 2013 rate of 898K. Single family starts of 573K were 15.9% below December
- Building permits of 937K were 5.4% below December and 2.4% above one year ago. Single family permits 602K were 1.3% below December.
- Look for the rough winter weather to be bandied about plenty as an excuse, but feeling its oats after the bad print, Zerohedge notes permits crashed 26% in the West ... "that's where the snow must have been the strongest."
- Longer-term charts from Bill McBride here and here.
- No premarket trades yet for the XHB and ITB and Treasury futures remain as they were ahead of the release. TLT +0.35%
- Treasury ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, TTT, TMF, SBND, ZROZ, TLH, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, LBND, TYBS, TENZ, DLBL
From other sites
at CNBC.com (May 20, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 13, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 5, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 17, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 16, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs