- Instead of just searching for top performers while combing through fund management filings, Filings Analysis narrows the screen to top performing healthcare managers - those shown to have made the right picks in that sector over time even if position sizing or choices outside of healthcare fared poorly. Four managers made the cut: Palo Alto Investors, Perceptive Advisors, Perkins Capital Management, and Michael Murphy.
- New holdings for Palo Alto were Ariad ARIA and NPS Pharmaceuticals NPSP, while the firm added to holdings in Clovis (CLVS +2.4%) and Hyperion Therapeutics (HPTX -2.1%).
- Perceptive initiated a number of new positions, but none were large. The top two: Macrogenics (MGNX +1.3%) and Abbvie (ABBV -0.5%).
- Perkins also added a number of new names: Conmed (CNMD +0.8%), Combimatrix (CMBX), Iridex (IRIX -2.8%), and Cardiome Pharm (CRME +0.4%).
- Michael Murphy had no new healthcare positions.