- Global equities are lower following disappointing PMI data out of China and the eurozone - particularly France - and a record trade deficit in Japan. Hawkishness in the latest FOMC minutes is also not helping.
- "The (PMI) outcome was much weaker than expected and it clearly shows how business sentiment is failing to gain momentum as headwinds to growth are still well alive," says market economit Annalisa Piazza.
- Japan -2.1%, Hong Kong -1.2%, China -0.2%, India -0.9%.
- Euro Stoxx 50 -0.7%, London -0.4%, Paris -0.4%, Frankfurt -1.2%, Milan -1%, Madrid -0.6%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow -0.1%, S&P -0.1%, Nasdaq -0.1%.
World stocks hit by weak PMI data
Feb 20 2014, 05:27 ET