- "Severe winter weather contributes to weak business activity," says the Philadelphia Fed, leading off its business outlook survey for February.
- Full report
- The headline number of -6.3 fell from 9.4 in January and is the first negative print in nine months. New Orders fell to -5.2 from 5.1. Shipments plunged to -9.9 from 12.1. Delivery Times -10.6 from -2.8. Prices paid 35.3 vs. 18.7.
- Asked about the state of underlying demand, more than 45% said it was increasing, while 19% said it was decreasing.
- Optimism remains about the next six months, with the future general activity index rising 5.8 points to 40.2.
- The Treasury market is buying the bad weather excuse, with prices remaining lower and yields higher. TLT -0.2% and the 10-year yield up a basis point at 2.75%.
- ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, TTT, TMF, SBND, ZROZ, TLH, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, LBND, TYBS, TENZ, DLBL
Philly Fed blames weather for February plunge
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Thu, 11:42AM)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 25, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 17, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 9, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 30, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs