- Though United Online's (UNTD +21.9%) Q4 EPS missed estimates, its adjusted OIBDA ($12.6M) was at the high end of a guidance range of $10M-$13M, and up 22% Y/Y.
- A 1% Y/Y increase in communications revenue (the first time the division has seen quarterly rev. growth in 8 years) helped revenue beat estimates. Though the division's pay accounts fell 15% Y/Y to 553K thanks to the ongoing decline of United's traditional NetZero/Juno ISP business, NetZero Mobile Broadband subs rose 53% to 49K. Division ARPU rose to $9.62 from $9.41 in Q3 and $9.05 a year ago.
- The Content & Media division, which includes Classmates.com (losing ground to Facebook) and the MyPoints loyalty rewards business, saw a 9% revenue drop. Segment pay accounts fell 8% to 2.63M.
- United expects Q1 revenue of $52.5M-$55M, in-line with a $54M consensus, and adjusted OIBDA of $2M-$3.5M. Full-year adjusted OIBDA is expected to be in a range of $28M-$34M.
- Q4 results, PR, CC transcript
United Online soars on revenue beat, OIBDA improvement
Feb 20 2014, 11:19 ET