- Global equities are generally higher - although with a number of exceptions - with the strong U.S. manufacturing PMI data from yesterday cited as a major reason for the positive sentiment.
- "The market thinks for now that the underlying U.S. economic trend remains strong and things will get better in the spring, when it gets warmer," says market economist Sho Aoyama.
- Japan +2.9%, Hong Kong +0.8%, China -1.2%, India +0.8%.
- Euro Stoxx 50 +0.05%, London +0.5%, Paris +0.1%, Frankfurt -0.1%, Milan -0.3%, Madrid -0.25%.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow +0.2%. S&P +0.2%. Nasdaq +0.2%
World stocks mainly higher
Feb 21 2014, 05:22 ET