- Up 2.3% overnight, Japan's Topix reversed a 3% drop the night before, and capped its biggest weekly rally since November, up 3.3%.
- The Nikkei gained 2.9% last night. DXJ +1.1% premarket
- ¥2.6T in QE later, William Pesak notes one year of aggressive monetary ease has failed to lift living standards, nor has it convinced companies to boost paychecks. The only inflation Japan is feeling is the kind no one likes: Higher energy prices.
- BOJ Governor Kuroda's main achievement this year, argues Pesak, is to settle once and for al that the country's problem isn't the amount of yen sloshing around, but how it's used. Unless people borrow and banks lend, the economy won't revive. And don't forget the secular deflationary forces of an aging population and the rise of China.
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, FXY, YCS, DFJ, JYN, NKY, DBJP, EZJ, EWV, YCL, SCJ, DXJS, JSC, ITF, JPNL, JPP, JPNS, HEWJ, FJP
Big rally caps biggest week for Japan stocks in 3 months
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 13, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 28, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 26, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 12, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs