- Gold miners already have recouped YTD more than a third of what they lost last year, and basic materials investor Malcolm Gissen thinks the rally may have a lot more room to run.
- The co-manager of the Encompass Fund says it’s a great time to invest in gold miners; there’s a jump in merger activities in the sector as well as hostile takeover attempts, which be a sign that higher gold prices are ahead.
- Adam Koos of Libertas Wealth Management prefers to wait to see a base creation and then breakout above bearish resistance lines and moving averages; when that happens, he likes AuRico Gold (AUQ) and Franco-Nevada (FNV).
- Gissen suggests investors dip a toe in the water by buying some of the growing intermediate producers such as Primero Mining (PPP); among the larger producers, Goldcorp (GG) looks most attractive because of the projects it has and the cash flow it will generate this year.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, GLDX, JNUG, RING, GGGG, JDST, PSAU
Gold miner stock rally has just begun, some analysts say
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Dec 30, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 10, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Apr 12, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Nov 28, 2011)
at CNBC.com (May 3, 2011)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs