- Gold miners already have recouped YTD more than a third of what they lost last year, and basic materials investor Malcolm Gissen thinks the rally may have a lot more room to run.
- The co-manager of the Encompass Fund says it’s a great time to invest in gold miners; there’s a jump in merger activities in the sector as well as hostile takeover attempts, which be a sign that higher gold prices are ahead.
- Adam Koos of Libertas Wealth Management prefers to wait to see a base creation and then breakout above bearish resistance lines and moving averages; when that happens, he likes AuRico Gold (AUQ) and Franco-Nevada (FNV).
- Gissen suggests investors dip a toe in the water by buying some of the growing intermediate producers such as Primero Mining (PPP); among the larger producers, Goldcorp (GG) looks most attractive because of the projects it has and the cash flow it will generate this year.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, GLDX, JNUG, RING, GGGG, JDST, PSAU
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 16, 2015)