- Ukraine says it needs $35B in foreign aid over the next two years and has called for a donor's conference that will involve the EU, the U.S. and the IMF.
- The plea for a bailout comes after parliament ousted President Viktor Yanukovych over the weekend.
- A warrant has been put out for Yanukovych's arrest for "mass murder" after he fled the capital before his removal, which came after a week of violence left dozens dead.
- Acting President Oleksandr Turchinov said yesterday that Ukraine was close to default, with the economy facing an abyss.
- Notwithstanding Ukraine's economic problems, the UX index is +17%.
- ETFs: GUR, ESR
- More on Ukraine.
at CNBC.com (Apr 10, 2012)