- Investors are giving Macy's (M +3.9%) a pass after January sales came in soft and the company warned on a sluggish early start to the current quarter.
- The enthusiasm on the retailer appears to stem from its ability to hold up margins through its omnichannel approach to selling.
- Macy's also reiterated its guidance for the fiscal year despite the slow start.
- The department store sector is mounting a little comeback today after it was awash in red yesterday.
- Gainers: Kohl's (KSS) +1.8%, Nordstrom +0.8%, Dillard's (DDS) +4.6%, Sears Holdings (SHLD) +3.3%, Bon-Ton Stores (BONT) +2.6%.