- In addition to missing Q4 estimates, First Solar (FSLR) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $800M-$900M and EPS of $0.50-$0.60, largely below a consensus of $898.3M and $0.84.
- 443.7MW of solar modules were produced, +4% Q/Q and -13% Y/Y. Conversion efficiency +10 bps Q/Q and +50 bps Y/Y to 13.4%, cost/watt fell by $0.03 Q/Q and $0.12 Y/Y to $0.56.
- Gross margin -420 bps Q/Q and -270 bps Y/Y to 24.6%. SG&A spend +4% Y/Y to $65.7M, R&D +22% to $38.4M. Free cash flow was $137M, down from $284M in Q3 and $253M a year ago.
- Expected future module shipments were at 2.7GW at the end of Q4, flat Q/Q and up 100MW Y/Y. Expected future systems/module revenue was at $7.5B, down $300M Q/Q and $500M Y/Y. But potential opportunities rose to 10.6GW from 7.7GW.
- CC at 4:30PM ET. Q4 results, PR, datasheet, slides.
First Solar's guidance disappoints, shares -10.2% AH
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
First Solar : Southern Company subsidiary tops 1,000 megawatts of renewable energy development with North Star solar acquisitionat 4-traders.com (Mon, 12:28PM)
at 4-traders.com (Mon, 6:02AM)
at 4-traders.com (Sun, 9:28AM)
at Zacks.com (Wed, 3:39PM)
at Nasdaq.com (Apr 9, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs