- Sony (SNE -0.7%) sold 322K PS4 units in Japan during the console's opening weekend in the country. That's nearly 4x the 88K PS3 units Sony sold in 2006 during its Japanese opening weekend.
- Sony has already announced it sold 5.3M PS4 units worldwide as of Feb. 8 (exceeding forecasts), and claims the PS4 outsold the Xbox One by nearly a 2:1 margin in the U.S. in January.
- Though it hasn't received half as much ink as Samsung's Galaxy S5, Sony's new Xperia Z2 flagship Android phone is receiving positive hands-on reviews at the Mobile World Congress.
- The Z2, which launches six months after the Xperia Z1, sports a 20.1MP camera (supports 4K video recording), a 5.1" 1080p display, and a quad-core, 2.3GHz., Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor.
- Sony has also launched the Xperia Z2 tablet (10.1" 1080p display), and the mid-range M2 smartphone (4.8" 960x540 display).
- CEO Kaz Hirai, fresh off announcing moves to unload Sony's PC and TV ops, insists once more his company has no plans to sell/spin off its entertainment ops, as Dan Loeb would like. "I’m not entertaining even the notion of selling our entertainment assets."
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Thu, 8:00AM)
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 13, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 10, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 4, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 2, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs