Plug Power +12.8% on multi-site GenKey purchase order from Walmart

Plug Power (PLUG+12.8% premarket after saying it received a multi-site GenKey purchase order from Walmart (WMT) to launch its hydrogen fuel cell solution to power electric lift truck fleets at six North America distribution centers.

The initial announcement on Feb. 10 had mentioned only a "significant" contract from a "leading retailer."

The first of six sites are expected to be deployed by Q2 2014.

FuelCell Energy (FCEL) +2.4% on the news.

From other sites
Comments (21)
  • GameKing13
    Comments (589) | Send Message

Wow and here goes the roller coaster again
    26 Feb 2014, 07:52 AM Reply Like
  • GameKing13
    Comments (589) | Send Message

I notice the trend is that after great news it shoots up then settles down the following day. I'm thinking to sell at the high today and buy again tomorrow. Anyone agree with me on this one?
    26 Feb 2014, 07:53 AM Reply Like
  • HmbleBill
    Comment (1) | Send Message

I'm thinking about doing the same. I'll track this morning for a high and make decision based on how long it persists at any particular movement.
    26 Feb 2014, 08:22 AM Reply Like
  • LYogi
    Comments (3098) | Send Message

great news for $BLDP
    26 Feb 2014, 07:56 AM Reply Like
  • a1shot
    Comments (319) | Send Message

Why would it be?
    26 Feb 2014, 08:06 AM Reply Like
  • LYogi
    Comments (3098) | Send Message

because BLDP supplies PLUG with their fuel cells.
    26 Feb 2014, 08:15 AM Reply Like
  • CleanEnergyNow
    Comments (393) | Send Message

Because BLDP supplies the actual "stacks" (major internal component of any fuel cell) for PLUG. As PLUG grows, it is possible they could decide to make their own stacks (and if they do, that will be a bad day for BLDP) but for the foreseeable, BLDP supplies the stacks for PLUG, I believe.
    26 Feb 2014, 08:24 AM Reply Like
  • Tradevestor
    Comments (5012) | Send Message

Walmart: Cause of concern? http://seekingalpha.co...
    26 Feb 2014, 08:03 AM Reply Like
  • kingjaffy
    Comments (16) | Send Message

TheRookie it depends on what your goal is and how much you bought in at. personally i wont sell PLUG. I bought 6,000 shares at $3.70. I m holding it long term i think it can reach $20 by next year. thats my perspective tho
    26 Feb 2014, 08:06 AM Reply Like
  • GameKing13
    Comments (589) | Send Message

@kingjaffy you don't wanna do a one day flip? You can make a couple thousand if it does indeed fall tomorrow
    26 Feb 2014, 08:16 AM Reply Like
  • LaGree
    Comments (62) | Send Message

if I were getting in for a short-term pop then getting out, I'd more likely go long calls or a long vertical.
    26 Feb 2014, 03:57 PM Reply Like
  • GameKing13
    Comments (589) | Send Message

And my average is also 3.70 only have 500 shares though
    26 Feb 2014, 08:17 AM Reply Like
  • cactus jack 65
    Comments (258) | Send Message

Omg I'm up $1000 on PLUG already and I just woke up...
    26 Feb 2014, 08:23 AM Reply Like
  • GameKing13
    Comments (589) | Send Message

@hmblebill when you find that high, post it? I'm not great at timing the market, but I DO know that in a case like this it can really multiply your investment
    26 Feb 2014, 08:25 AM Reply Like
  • CleanEnergyNow
    Comments (393) | Send Message

I agree that the pattern has been peeks on good news followed by drops as the shorts make undermining comments and people decide to take profits after the good news. However, I think most investors are getting more confident in the technology, for example...
    ...and so we will see less drastic drops as time goes on. Tomorrow, there probably will be a drop but it's hard to time when and how much and you risk being out when more good news hits, IMHO. Good luck either way!
    26 Feb 2014, 08:30 AM Reply Like
  • GameKing13
    Comments (589) | Send Message

@clean thanks.. SOOO tempting though
    26 Feb 2014, 08:56 AM Reply Like
  • CleanEnergyNow
    Comments (393) | Send Message

Welcome, I know what you mean but I think being long on $PLUG (and $BLDP and $HYGS and maybe $FCEL) is the way to go, especially this early in the game. These stocks are just getting started and the technology is a real improvement over both the internal combustion engine and batteries. If you need $$$ now, try to sell something else would be my suggestion. Just sit back and enjoy the ride ;-)
    28 Feb 2014, 09:01 AM Reply Like
  • Rospim
    Comments (13) | Send Message

the ROOCKIE be careful might wake up with PLUG news about a new multi order from Asia.Plug is poised to double soon!!!!!!
    26 Feb 2014, 05:58 PM Reply Like
  • kingjaffy
    Comments (16) | Send Message

@Rookie I think you should stick with plug cause everyone is saying the stock will double, but who knows sometimes we have to take risk. I ve missed out on a lot of opportunities and I'm not trying to miss on this.
    26 Feb 2014, 08:17 PM Reply Like
  • tigru1
    Comments (26) | Send Message

if you don't need the $$$ now don't sell it ! This is just the beginning !!!!
    BUY ! BUY! BUY !!!! buy same FCEL to .
    26 Feb 2014, 11:05 PM Reply Like
  • tigru1
    Comments (26) | Send Message

well that was a nice ride !!! $$$$ I will by same more PLUG at 5-4 $ and same FCEL at 2 $ !!!! Im in for long to…
    19 Mar 2014, 12:36 AM Reply Like