Coca-Cola solves the Diet Coke Slurpee puzzle

• Diet Coke will finally be a Slurpee option at 7-Eleven stores after being noticeably absent for over 30 years.
  • Creating a decent-tasting Slurpee from diet soda drinks has proven to be a bigger challenge than expected.
  • Coca-Cola (KO +0.1%) plans to add more frozen lines of its drinks at 7-Eleven stores and other retailers.
Comments (13)
  • AnAvgJoe
    Comments (407) | Send Message

Should've used Coke Zero instead, IMHO.
    26 Feb 2014, 10:58 AM Reply Like
  • AdamDivy
    Comments (417) | Send Message

You are right AnAvgJoe. Coke Zero would taste better.

Maybe they wanted more marketing for the Diet Coke name.
    26 Feb 2014, 11:17 AM Reply Like
  • frrizzo380
    Comments (861) | Send Message

No way! Diet coke tastes much better. I drink about 5-10 cans a day. Switched to coke zero for a while but got sick of the flavor after about a month. The citric flavoring is different in coke zero and really got to me after a while. Some stevia flavored coke would really be great with no sugar. Not the green crap they are selling in Argentina with some sugar and some stevia.
    26 Feb 2014, 03:02 PM Reply Like
  • AnAvgJoe
    Comments (407) | Send Message

Funny - I love Zero and can't stand Diet Coke. We will have to agree to disagree on that one. Guess it's good that they make both, huh?
    26 Feb 2014, 03:41 PM Reply Like
  • Noquiche
    Comments (224) | Send Message

Good thing they have both...
    26 Feb 2014, 09:10 PM Reply Like
  • Rose_Colored_Glasses
    Comments (993) | Send Message

Are there any other conspiracy theorists like me that swear that Coke Zero is the rebranding of the Tab product from the 60's 70's?
    26 Feb 2014, 04:17 PM Reply Like
  • AnAvgJoe
    Comments (407) | Send Message

Am I crazy for thinking I've seen Tab in the grocery store within the past 6 months or so? Didn't buy it or do a taste test, so not sure how it compares to Zero.
    26 Feb 2014, 04:29 PM Reply Like
  • Big Thunder
    Comments (685) | Send Message

RCG, oh gah, I absolutely hated Tab! But I really like Coke Zero.

And fwiw, Diet Coke tastes like chemicals to me. I think there's something in Diet Coke that some people get addicted to, because I've known people who drink crazy amounts of the stuff. Including one person who would drink a 2-liter of it every day. Yikes.
    26 Feb 2014, 04:29 PM Reply Like
  • addictedToSA
    Comments (18) | Send Message

You did see Tab :)

I saw it recently and did a double take. I felt like I was 11 again. The good 'ole days...
    26 Feb 2014, 09:08 PM Reply Like
  • Nahila1
    Comments (26) | Send Message

Bring on the improved Stevia in your diet sodas that you are improving the taste by removing the after taste of Stevia.
    26 Feb 2014, 10:48 PM Reply Like
  • Rich3864
    Comments (2) | Send Message

Or Cherry coke
    26 Feb 2014, 10:55 PM Reply Like
  • slam stocks
    Comments (1394) | Send Message

Diet Coke is the second most popular soda in the world after supplanting Pepsi. Kind of surprised it took this long, but don't really drink much soda when you get older.
    27 Feb 2014, 02:32 AM Reply Like
  • 50 cent it is
    Comments (1461) | Send Message

One more CEO raids his company legally
    Who says you can't take it with you

1 Mar 2014, 03:46 PM Reply Like