- Three Senate Democrats have broken away from Majority Leader Harry Reid's $10.10/hour line in the sand on minimum wage legislation.
- Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Mark Pryor of Arkansas, and Mark Warner of Virginia have all tipped off that they think there could be some room to negotiate over the amount of an increase over the current federal minimum wage of $7.25/hour. The GOP likes the status quo, but is viewed as likely to give some ground in an election year.
- Federal minimum wage legislation could create higher costs in the retail and restaurants sectors as companies adjust to the new higher floor.
- Last week, Gap made a preemptive move to raise its own hourly wage in a development that stirred the pot a little bit.
- Related stocks: CAKE, CBRL, CMG, DNKN, DPZ, DRI, EAT, JACK, MCD, PNRA, RRGB, RT, SBUX, SONC, WEN, BWLD, THI, BDL, NATH, CEC, LUB, BKW, CHUY, BLMN, PZZA, TXRH, DENN, KKD, BBRG, DFRG, BOBE, RUTH, IRG, DIN, AEO, ANF, ARO, BBBY, BJ, CHS, COST, DG, DLTR, GPS, HD, JCP, JWN, KR, KSS, LOW, LB, NDN, ODP, PIR, PLCE, RSH, SPLS, SWY, TGT, TJX, URBN, WMT.
U.S. minimum wage battle starts to heat up
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Thu, 8:00AM)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 3, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 7, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Dec 8, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 5, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs