- A year after leading a $50M investment round in leading Indian e-commerce marketplace Snapdeal, eBay (EBAY +2%) has led a $133.7M round. Re/code reports eBay "contributed a large majority of the total investment."
- eBay Marketplaces chief Devin Wenig recently stated eBay might fully acquire Snapdeal down the road, while cautioning no decision has been made.
- Snapdeal, which competes against Amazon and local rival Flipkart (as well as eBay's Indian site), expects to handle $1B worth of gross sales this year. The company estimates its average transaction cut is in the low-teens.
- Separately, eBay has responded to Carl Icahn's latest letter with some fighting words of its own, and an aggressive defense of the company and director/VC Marc Andreessen's handling of the Skype sale.
- eBay: "Carl Icahn doesnt let the truth get in the way of a good story. And while his letters and media interviews may be entertaining, they are not factually accurate ... We challenge Mr. Icahn to end his own charade with our shareholders."
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Fri, 10:49AM)
at MarketWatch.com (Thu, 12:34PM)
at Zacks.com (Thu, 9:50AM)
at 4-traders.com (Mar 24, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 24, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs