- UniPixel (UNXL) states in its Q4 report it's now planning to achieve commercial touch sensor volumes in 2H14, after finalizing its manufacturing process in 1H.
- The company also says it received three touch sensor purchase orders in Q4, one from its PC OEM partner (believed to be Dell), and "shipped one of these orders in December from low-volume, lab-based production."
- UniPixel revised its license deal with its PC OEM partner. The company now has the right to sell its touch sensors "for use in competing notebook applications," but won't receive milestone payments.
- "A number of potential candidates" have been interviewed during UniPixel's CEO search.
- Cash/equivalents totaled $39.4M at the end of Q4. R&D spend nearly doubled Y/Y to $3.1M, and SG&A spend more than doubled to $3.1M.
- Q4 results, PR
UniPixel -8.3% AH. Company aiming for 2H commercial volumes.
Feb 26 2014, 18:12 ET