- Along with its FQ4 results, Workday (WDAY) has announced the acquisition of Identified, a developer of HR analytics software that aims to provide insights into job candidates and recruiting activity.
- The purchase appears to be an acqui-hire: Workday says Identified's R&D team is "expected to enhance search capabilities and accelerate the delivery of predictive analytics and machine learning throughout Workday’s suite of applications."
- LinkedIn has also shown a keen interest in this area. Three weeks ago, the company announced it's acquiring Bright, a job search engine/listing platform that relies on analytics and machine learning algorithms to match workers and employers.
- WDAY +2.7% AH. Shares were initially lower post-earnings.
- FQ4 results, guidance/details
Workday buys HR analytics startup Identified
Feb 26 2014, 18:31 ET