- Telefonica's (TEF) Q4 net profit more than tripled to €1.45B ($1.98B) from €473M a year earlier, when earnings were hit by hefty write-downs. The latest figure topped consensus of €1.16B.
- Sales declined 8.9% to €14.43B vs expectations of €14.3B, with the fall partly due to revenue lost from asset sales and currency fluctuations in Latin America.
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortization fell 8.7% to €4.98B but exceeded forecasts of €4.91B.
- Latin American sales +9.6%, Europe -8.6%, again hurt by a price war in Spain.
- Debt fell to €45.4B from €46.1B at the end of Q3 and came in below Telefonica's year-end target of €47B.
- Telefonica left its dividend at €0.75 a share, which it will pay in shares and cash. (PR)
- Telefonica's earnings come after it yesterday unveiled a €1.5B cost-savings program.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jan 20, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Dec 15, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 28, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 24, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 11, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs