- Gunmen have seized government buildings in Ukraine's Crimea region and replaced the country's national flag with the Russian one.
- Ukraine's provisional authorities are taking measures "to counter extremist actions," and have warned Russian forces in Crimea not to leave their naval base.
- The action follows protests yesterday involving ethnic Russians and ethnic Tatars - which support Ukraine's new interim government - in the Crimean capital of Simferopol
- In Russia, President Vladimir Putin ordered a surprise military exercise of ground and air forces near the border with Ukraine yesterday, prompting the U.S. to warn Russia against military intervention.
- Ukraine UX's stock index is -1.4%, while the USD-UAH is +2.95 to 10.4465 Ukrainian Hryvnia.
- ETFs: GUR, ESR
Tensions heat up in Ukraine, gunmen seize buildings in Crimea
Feb 27 2014, 04:29 ET