- Core earnings of $26.8M or $0.08 per share compares to $23.9M and $0.08 in Q3. GAAP book value of $3.14 per share compares to $2.74. There was an average of $150M of uninvested capital throughout the quarter
- About $434M of capital was invested during quarter, with Senior Housing division investing $331M to acquire $1.1B of assets.
- In CDOs and other, there was the New Media deal and also the restructuring of National Golf Properties in which Newcastle invested $49M and acquired the equity of NGP and its affiliated American Golf Corporation. The businesses own, lease, or manage a portfolio of 92 gold courses in 15 U.S. states.
- Subsequent to the end of the year, Newcastle invested $9M to acquire 2 managed senior housing properties for a total price of $26M. The company has another 11 properties under contract for a total purchase price of $273M (will require equity investment of $92M).
- Justine Cheng comes over from Fortress to become the new CFO and COO, effective March 4.
- CC at 10 ET
- Press release, Q4 results
- NCT no trades premarket
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Apr 10, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 11, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jun 11, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (May 21, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Apr 24, 2013)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs