- Apple's (AAPL) CEO "could strike terror in the hearts of his subordinates," writes Yukair Kane in a new book, "but he could also motivate them to toil from dawn to midnight for just a word of praise."
- That's not Steve Jobs that Kane is writing about, but Tim Cook when he was still COO.
- Still, Cook is a "more traditional CEO who infused Apple with a healthier work environment" and is more open with investors.
- Despite this, there are those who yearn for more subversive days amid fears that Apple is becoming more stodgy and as the ghost of Steve Jobs continues to hang over the company.
- Kane's book is called, "Haunted Empire: Apple After Steve Jobs."
at CNBC.com (Nov 19, 2014)