- Fox Searchlight's (FOXA) "12 Years a Slave" has won the Oscar for the Best Picture and picked up two other Academy awards.
- Warner Bros' (TWX) "Gravity" received the most gongs with seven Oscars, including Best Director for director Alfonso Cuaron.
- Disney's (DIS) "Frozen," which has taken over $1B at the box office, took Oscars for best animated feature film and original song.
- However, Paramount Pictures' (VIAB) "The Wolf of Wall Street" failed to win any awards despite five nominations, while "American Hustle" came away empty handed despite 10 nominations.
- Host Ellen DeGeneres caused Twitter (TWTR) to crash briefly after posting a star-studded selfie that was retweeted over 2M times, setting a new record.
Good night for Fox and Warner at the Oscars
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Mon, 5:07PM)
at Financial Times (Fri, 4:02PM)
at Nasdaq.com (Apr 27, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 25, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs