- Fox Searchlight's (FOXA) "12 Years a Slave" has won the Oscar for the Best Picture and picked up two other Academy awards.
- Warner Bros' (TWX) "Gravity" received the most gongs with seven Oscars, including Best Director for director Alfonso Cuaron.
- Disney's (DIS) "Frozen," which has taken over $1B at the box office, took Oscars for best animated feature film and original song.
- However, Paramount Pictures' (VIAB) "The Wolf of Wall Street" failed to win any awards despite five nominations, while "American Hustle" came away empty handed despite 10 nominations.
- Host Ellen DeGeneres caused Twitter (TWTR) to crash briefly after posting a star-studded selfie that was retweeted over 2M times, setting a new record.
Good night for Fox and Warner at the Oscars
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Aug 5, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 13, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 6, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 5, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Feb 5, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs