Seeking Alpha

Statoil successfully tests Tanzania well

  • Statoil (STO) says it successfully tested its Zafarani reservoir offshore Tanzania in a key step for offshore development and onshore liquefied natural gas production.
  • The Zafarani-2 operation tested two separate intervals and flowed at a maximum of 66M cf/day of gas, constrained by equipment, and confirmed good reservoir quality and connectivity.
  • STO owns 65% of the license while ExxonMobil (XOM) holds the remaining 35%.
Comments (2)
  • osooro
    , contributor
    Comments (76) | Send Message
     
    Now I'm beginning to pat myself on the back for holding onto my STO shares. I wish the Norwegian government would divest themselves of more shares and allow this company to become a part of free market capitalism. I really think the shares would move as high as the sixties if this were to happen.
    3 Mar 2014, 01:29 PM Reply Like
  • Michael Fitzsimmons
    , contributor
    Comments (9222) | Send Message
     
    StatOil has been the best explorer of all the big oil companies over the past few years. It is just a matter of time before the market "gets it" and the shares appreciate to keep up with the added reserves. Meantime, I am very glad to see the company transition to a quarterly dividend! This will result in 2 quarterly dividend oayments in 2014 in addition the annual 2013 payout. A great income & growth investment for energy investors. The natural gas issue in Ukraine is an added bonus, although likely a shorter term phenomenon (at least for the people of the Ukraine, I hope so...).
    3 Mar 2014, 03:09 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Hub
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs