- Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered troops who participated in surprise military exercises across central and western Russia back to their bases.
- The news has sparked a rise in U.S. stock futures and weakened oil and gold prices.
- The drills began last Wednesday, with some taking place near the border with Ukraine, exacerbating fears about a possible Russian invasion of its neighbor.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow +0.8%. S&P +0.8%. Nasdaq +0.8%
- Russian's blue-chip MICEX index, which plunged 11% yesterday, is +2.3%, while the USD-RUB is -0.6% at 36.26 rubles.
- In Asia, Japan +0.5%, Hong Kong +0.9%, India +1.2%, China -0.2%.
- Gold -0.8%, oil -0.75%.
- U.S. 10-year Treasury yield +3 bps to 2.64%.
- Gold ETFs: GLD, IAU, PHYS, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, DZZ, UGLD, DGL, GLDI, DGZ, AGOL, DGLD, TBAR, UBG, GLDE, GYEN, GEUR, GGBP
- Index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, VOO, UPRO, TQQQ, QID, RSP, DOG, SQQQ, QLD, DXD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, DDM, BXUB, QQEW, QQQE, TRND, SFLA, BXUC, QQXT, BXDB, TNDQ
- Energy ETFs: UNG, USO, OIL, DGAZ, UCO, UGAZ, BOIL, SCO, GAZ, DTO, DBO, BNO, KOLD, UNL, IXC, CRUD, NAGS, USL, IPW, BARL, UHN, UWTI, DNO, DWTI, SZO, GNAT, DCNG, OLO, IOIL, OLEM, FILL, TWTI, AXEN
- Russia and emerging markets ETFs: RSX, RUSL, CEW, ERUS, RUSS, RSXJ, GUR, RBL, ESR, JEM, RUDR
Russian troops return to bases after exercises, world stocks rise
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Fri, 6:25PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Thu, 1:05PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 23, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 21, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 20, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs