- Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered troops who participated in surprise military exercises across central and western Russia back to their bases.
- The news has sparked a rise in U.S. stock futures and weakened oil and gold prices.
- The drills began last Wednesday, with some taking place near the border with Ukraine, exacerbating fears about a possible Russian invasion of its neighbor.
- U.S. stock futures: Dow +0.8%. S&P +0.8%. Nasdaq +0.8%
- Russian's blue-chip MICEX index, which plunged 11% yesterday, is +2.3%, while the USD-RUB is -0.6% at 36.26 rubles.
- In Asia, Japan +0.5%, Hong Kong +0.9%, India +1.2%, China -0.2%.
- Gold -0.8%, oil -0.75%.
- U.S. 10-year Treasury yield +3 bps to 2.64%.
- Gold ETFs: GLD, IAU, PHYS, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, DZZ, UGLD, DGL, GLDI, DGZ, AGOL, DGLD, TBAR, UBG, GLDE, GYEN, GEUR, GGBP
- Index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IVV, SPXU, VOO, UPRO, TQQQ, QID, RSP, DOG, SQQQ, QLD, DXD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, DDM, BXUB, QQEW, QQQE, TRND, SFLA, BXUC, QQXT, BXDB, TNDQ
- Energy ETFs: UNG, USO, OIL, DGAZ, UCO, UGAZ, BOIL, SCO, GAZ, DTO, DBO, BNO, KOLD, UNL, IXC, CRUD, NAGS, USL, IPW, BARL, UHN, UWTI, DNO, DWTI, SZO, GNAT, DCNG, OLO, IOIL, OLEM, FILL, TWTI, AXEN
- Russia and emerging markets ETFs: RSX, RUSL, CEW, ERUS, RUSS, RSXJ, GUR, RBL, ESR, JEM, RUDR
Russian troops return to bases after exercises, world stocks rise
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Apr 10, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 25, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 25, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 17, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 9, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs