Qualcomm boosts dividend and buyback plan

• The quarterly dividend is raised 20% to $0.42 per share for an annualized yield of 2.3% based on last night's close. $5B is added to the buyback program, bringing the total authorization up to $7.8B. Thus far this year, the company has bought back 7.6M shares for $2B.
  • Press release
  • QCOM +3.2% premarket
Comments (9)
  • enthusiasticinvestor
    , contributor
    Comments (47) | Send Message

Ugh, was hoping to add to my position if it dropped a little further. Guess I shouldn't have been so greedy. Can't really complain about a dividend raise however.
    4 Mar, 08:21 AM Reply Like
  • JD in NJ
    , contributor
    Comments (806) | Send Message

It's funny. Go to work for a company and expect a 20% raise pretty much never, despite the fact that you're contributing directly to the bottom line. Own a bit of a company, though and you get this benefit for doing nothing but due diligence and waiting.
    4 Mar, 08:27 AM Reply Like
  • BlueOkie
    , contributor
    Comments (4431) | Send Message

JD,
    Are you saying you never get a raise? OTOH it might be a wake up call to invest your money wisely. Banks pay you for a savings account and you don't do anything. If you want a 20% raise, which this is not, increase your worth to the firm by 20% increase in production or a 20% decrease in costs or both.
    4 Mar, 11:12 AM Reply Like
  • JD in NJ
    , contributor
    Comments (806) | Send Message

As the sole proprietor of a small business, raises aren't really the issue for me these days. By all means, though, continue to make assumptions. I do however remember well the days of being a corporate drone, as pay increases were doled out via formula, policy and favoritism.

No, this is not a 20% raise for me. However, it is a 20% raise in that part of my income that comes from Qualcomm dividends. As my intention is to eventually live off such income, that's an important figure for me. Right now I'm averaging a 13.22% increase for those companies that have raised dividends so far this year.
    4 Mar, 11:21 AM Reply Like
  • BlueOkie
    , contributor
    Comments (4431) | Send Message

JD,
    Reread what I said. It applies to sole proprietor of a small business. If you want a raise you need to increase productivity or cut expenses or both. If you aren't paying yourself - well why not?
    4 Mar, 02:47 PM Reply Like
  • maybenot
    , contributor
    Comments (3297) | Send Message

Long QCOM -- great eps & rev. which supports the div increase.
    4 Mar, 09:14 AM Reply Like
  • TimmiesRegular
    , contributor
    Comments (832) | Send Message

Nice. I couldn't understand why this money machine was drifting lower. I'm long on QCOM.
    4 Mar, 09:28 AM Reply Like
  • Tradevestor
    , contributor
    Comments (4014) | Send Message

Is Qcom on its way to becoming the best dividend tech stock ?

4 Mar, 01:30 PM Reply Like
  • BlueOkie
    , contributor
    Comments (4431) | Send Message

QCOM had their annual meeting today! Go to their website and listen. I added to my position. In the next 5 years they plan to double. That's a ~15% growth.
    4 Mar, 02:48 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector

Next headline on your portfolio: