- BlackBerry (BBRY +2.1%) spokesman Paul Leroux tells N4BB his company's QNX OS is among the automotive software solutions supporting Apple's CarPlay platform.
- Leroux: "We have a long-standing partnership with Apple to ensure high-quality connectivity with their devices, and this partnership extends to support for Apple CarPlay."
- Apple officially launched CarPlay (formerly called iOS in the Car) yesterday. The platform, set to be supported by most top automakers, allows users to access various Apple and 3rd-party services via in-dash systems paired with iPhones.
- In January, Citron Research cites QNX's 200+ vehicle design wins as a reason for being bullish on BlackBerry. More recently, Bloomberg reported Ford plans to have QNX power its next-gen Sync automotive platform.
- Shares are trading higher amid a broader market rally.
at CNBC.com (Tue, 11:15AM)