- Mobile app install ads might soon be coming to a Yahoo (YHOO) app or web page near you. A Yahoo spokesperson tells AdAge his company is testing the ad format on properties where the company's stream ads currently run.
- Kara Swisher recently reported Yahoo is planning to promote mobile apps - both its own and 3rd-party apps - on its well-trafficked homepage.
- Yahoo will be competing directly with Facebook for the dollars of mobile developers, plenty of whom have struggled to gain visibility on the App Store and Google Play. Facebook's app install ads had driven 145M downloads as of last October.
- The tests follow the launch of Yahoo's Gemini ad platform, which creates a common marketplace for buying the company's mobile search and native ads; the latter covers both stream and image-based ads.
- Earlier: Yahoo outperforms following BofA/Merrill note, CFO talk
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Tue, 5:38PM)
at CNBC.com (Tue, 2:11PM)
at CNBC.com (May 14, 2015)
at CNBC.com (May 12, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Apr 8, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs