- Net operating income of $6.3M or $0.09 per share compares to $0.125 dividend. $37.1M of originations and advances during quarter, including $33M to two new portfolio companies. $39.6M of portfolio monetized. 512K shares repurchased at average price of $4.73 each. For full year, about 1M shares repurchased at average price of $4.62 each. Operating efficiency: Costs (excl. interest expense) as a percentage of total assets falls to 2.2% from 3.6% two years ago.
- Outlook: "We believe that current market conditions in our primary lending markets are consistent with the peak of a credit cycle. The current supply of debt capital exceeds the demand by issuers in our markets, resulting in lower pricing and weaker contractual protections ... We intend to redeploy our excess liquidity in a cautious and deliberate manner." Money will instead go to buybacks as share repurchase program is boosted to $35M from $25M.
- NOI for FY2014 is guided for $0.25-$0.30 per share vs. $0.42 for 2013. Management expects distribution to be cut to something in the area of $0.07 per share for the rest of 2014.
- MCGC -0.5% premarket
- Q4 results, press release
- Last week: Hercules warns over frothy market
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs