- Investors like the news that Arrowhead Research (ARWR +19.8%) has received regulatory approval from the Hong Kong Department of Health to begin a phase 2a clinical trial for ARC-520, its RNAi-based drug for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B (HBV) infection.
- The phase 2 trial will be conducted at two local hospitals involving two cohorts at two dose levels.
- The purpose of the study is to determine the depth and duration of hepatitis B surface antigen ((HBsAg)) reduction after a single IV dose of ARC-520 in combination with entecavir in patients with chronic HBV infection.
- Secondary measures are safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetic measures.
- All four analysts covering the stock rate it as BUY.
- Mutual fund ownership has increased from 11 to 45 over the past 4 quarters.