- Bouygues (BOUYY) has offered €10.5B ($14.42B) to acquire a 49% controlling stake in Vivendi's (VIVHY, VIVEF) SFR mobile unit.
- Bouygues would then merge its telecom subsidiary with SFR and list the combined entity as soon as possible.
- Vivendi would be left with a 46% holding after the merger and advertising firm JCDecaux 5%.
- However, the deal would probably face a tough regulatory review given that SFR and Bouygues Telecom are the number two and three mobile operators in France by subscribers.
- Bouygues also faces competition for SFR from Amsterdam-listed Altice, which has reportedly offered €11B in a deal that would leave Vivendi with 30%+ of the new company.
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Nov 21, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 1, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 23, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 20, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Apr 28, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs