- Bill Gross has accused departing Pimco (BOND) CEO Mohamed El-Erian of "trying to undermine" him, telling Reuters that he has evidence that El-Erian "wrote" a recent WSJ article that described the breakdown in the men's relationship and didn't portray Gross in a particularly flattering light.
- When asked what the evidence was, Gross replied: "You're on his side. Great, he's got you, too, wrapped around his charming right finger."
- Gross also indicated that he has monitored El-Erian's phone calls.
- A Pimco spokesman later denied that Gross made the comments that Reuters attributes to him, while the WSJ hotly refuted that El-Erian "wrote" the article.
- Pimco's parent company is Allianz (AZSEY).
- Pimco funds: AUD, BABZ, BUND, CAD, CORP, DI, FIVZ, FORX, GOVY
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Oct 21, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 14, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 7, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 1, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Oct 1, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs