- Bill Gross has accused departing Pimco (BOND) CEO Mohamed El-Erian of "trying to undermine" him, telling Reuters that he has evidence that El-Erian "wrote" a recent WSJ article that described the breakdown in the men's relationship and didn't portray Gross in a particularly flattering light.
- When asked what the evidence was, Gross replied: "You're on his side. Great, he's got you, too, wrapped around his charming right finger."
- Gross also indicated that he has monitored El-Erian's phone calls.
- A Pimco spokesman later denied that Gross made the comments that Reuters attributes to him, while the WSJ hotly refuted that El-Erian "wrote" the article.
- Pimco's parent company is Allianz (AZSEY).
- Pimco funds: AUD, BABZ, BUND, CAD, CORP, DI, FIVZ, FORX, GOVY