- Market buzz remains high about several pharmaceutical companies' interest in the orphan drug maker.
- InterMune (ITMN) considered selling itself three years ago but no deals were reached due to uncertainty with pirfenidone data.
- On February 25, the company disclosed positive trial data showing significant slowing of disease progression versus placebo. Shares gapped up 170% on a 17-fold increase in volume.
- Shares are up 14% on heavy volume in today's trading.
- 250 mutual funds have positions.