- North Carolina surgeon Stuart Meloy may have discovered a game changer for some women: a device that produces "orgasms on demand". He decided to pursue developing the product after witnessing a female patient's intense stimulation after he placed electrodes in her lower back for an undisclosed condition.
- The device consists of two electrodes that will be surgically inserted into certain nerves in the spinal column and a cigarette pack-size signal generator implanted in the upper buttock. The user presses a remote control button for stimulation.
- The device will be studied for women who have serious cases of orgasmic dysfunction where some women's brains interpret arousal as a fear response.
- Medtronic (MDT) has signed on to conduct tests.
- No decision on developing a mass market version has been disclosed.
at CNBC.com (Nov 18, 2014)