- Grupo Corporativo ONO's owners are moving forward with plans for an IPO, the WSJ reports, and are due to meet with analysts and candidates for independent directors today and tomorrow.
- The WSJ's article contrasts with a Reuters report on Friday which said that Vodafone (VOD) has agreed to a deal to acquire the Spanish cable operator.
- ONO's shareholders are due to hold an annual meeting on Thursday, when they could approve the IPO, which would effectively end any takeover talks.
- There's no word on the value of the IPO, although ONO's investors would reportedly want above €7B in any M&A.
- Liberty Global (LBTYA) has also been eying ONO.
at Investor's Business Daily (Thu, 5:19PM)