- 9to5 Mac reports iOS 8 will feature a major overhaul of Apple Maps (AAPL). The UI will be revamped; transportation/POI data from recent acquisitions BroadMap, HopStop, and Embark will be included, and public transit directions (frequently requested) will be added.
- Apple is also said to have "begun work on augmented reality functionality that leverages the iPhone’s compass hardware to visually see nearby points of interest," though this feature isn't expected in iOS 8. The report comes as Google launches Project Tango, a 3D-scanning/motion-tracking solution.
- Japanese site Macotakara (has a mixed track record) reports Apple plans to launch 4.7" and 5.7" next-gen iPhones, and that the devices will take design cues from the iPod Nano (uses anodized aluminum, is available in several colors). Other reports have stated 4.7" and 5.5" iPhones are on tap.
- An Edison Research survey of 2K Americans aged 12 and older found 8% claiming to use iTunes Radio. That figure is above Spotify's 6%, and nearly matches iHeartRadio's 9%. Pandora (P) still dominates with a 31% share.
- Earlier: Pac Crest upgrades Apple
From other sites
at Financial Times (Mon, 10:42AM)
at CNBC.com (Fri, 12:49PM)
at ValueWalk.com (Wed, 5:29PM)
at Zacks.com (Wed, 4:24PM)
at CNBC.com (Wed, 12:57PM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs