Notable earnings before Thursday’s open

Comments (21)
  • cactus jack 65
    Comments (258) | Send Message

If I was real short on Plug and had insider info. That earnings meet or beat est. I'd start scumming the company 2days before...
    12 Mar, 05:32 PM Reply Like
  • CleanEnergyNow
    Comments (318) | Send Message

The scum have certainly been doing a very good job with their scumming these last couple of days. Also, they know investors are nervous anyway a couple days before earnings are released so good time to throw their scum around.
    I bet they had hopes for much greater losses than they were able to cause. This is the first I've heard of the welcome positive earnings news. I bet the pre-market will be busy tomorrow!
    12 Mar, 05:44 PM Reply Like
  • Japippy@Aol.Com
    Comments (33) | Send Message

After reading the DEGRADING NEWS on this particular stock and FCEL and the manner in which it was presented, I'm just surprised that SEEKING ALPHA didn't interject and remind others that the author of the posts was voicing his very own opinion and that the opinions he voiced may not be those of any one else who may be involved in the market.

With those feelings that he put out yesterday, several people DID in fact dump a load of the two stocks that were mentioned, but some of us had enough sense to take advantage of the situation and I not only made money on the stock yesterday, but even caught a few extra bucks today, and of course I have no way of knowing what the NEWS in the morning will bring as regards the earnings, but I'd almost "ALMOST" but not quite, be willing to bet that they will be MUCH GREATER than the author of yesterday's bad news was displaying.
    Good luck to all of you.
    12 Mar, 06:01 PM Reply Like
  • wilsonian
    Comments (4) | Send Message

It doesn't matter how good the earnings will be, i doubt that $PLUG will be able to go up 40% or more
    12 Mar, 06:14 PM Reply Like
  • AllgoodGuy
    Comments (395) | Send Message

I hope you're wrong. It won't make me rich, but it will make me a small fortune.
    12 Mar, 06:59 PM Reply Like
  • jeepnsam
    Comments (50) | Send Message

$TXTR never bounced back either
    12 Mar, 08:42 PM Reply Like
  • wilsonian
    Comments (4) | Send Message

I hope I am wrong too, cuz i do want to get my money back. 40% loss as a student is a lot
    12 Mar, 09:51 PM Reply Like
  • cheek1990
    Comments (3) | Send Message

When ever investing in a volatile stock like this, make sure you set yourself up with a parachute. Put a sell order at a percentage you are comfortable with that way if it goes south, you don't lose 40% again. "The bull climbs the stairs, the Bear falls out the window"
    13 Mar, 08:29 AM Reply Like
  • cheek1990
    Comments (3) | Send Message

same here
    13 Mar, 08:29 AM Reply Like
  • CleanEnergyNow
    Comments (318) | Send Message

While I didn't sell any of my PLUG holdings yesterday, I am now wishing I had taken advantage of the open window created by the scummers who wanted to get in at a price much lower than the current market price (and there was a bit of a bubble, I suppose). Hopefully, investors will learn not to listen to them and the stock will become more robust as good earnings continue to flow.
    12 Mar, 06:21 PM Reply Like
  • Mortonk
    Comments (172) | Send Message

Typical of CNBC to give someone like that a channel to air his slanderous views to short this stock and make a fortune in the process, CNBC should also be taken to task for not doing their homework on this guy's previous similar history.....unless he paid them to get on air....!
    12 Mar, 06:23 PM Reply Like
  • CleanEnergyNow
    Comments (318) | Send Message

Yes, and here is the "note" he wrote that was taken so seriously by skittish fund managers (who had enough $$$ in to cause yesterday's big drop when they rushed for safety)...
    There is no author's name or even company information on that "note." He should not have been given the time of day by CNBC but truth is stranger than fiction. How can we expose and discredit him so he can't throw his weight around the market again?
    12 Mar, 06:30 PM Reply Like
  • GameKing13
    Comments (351) | Send Message

What is "scumming"?
    12 Mar, 06:50 PM Reply Like
  • CleanEnergyNow
    Comments (318) | Send Message

It's a term I invented to describe the act of throwing scum on a perfectly good stock in order to lower its value so the scummer can realize a profit in one way or another from the reduced price that results from the selling they instigate with their scum throwing. The one scumming is, by definition and by association, scum.
    12 Mar, 09:11 PM Reply Like
  • AllgoodGuy
    Comments (395) | Send Message

I'm keeping on the positive end of things, at least as much as I can after he took me to task for a $12K loss two days ago. I more than tripled the size of my position on the down turn, so hopefully, I'm not taken to task again.
    12 Mar, 06:58 PM Reply Like
  • wilsonian
    Comments (4) | Send Message

Lucky that you have extra money to buy more shares at lower price.
    12 Mar, 09:51 PM Reply Like
  • flyerguy1300
    Comments (309) | Send Message

PLUG will come out with their report tomorrow. Everything will be good and the stock will rocket. Don't think we will get the 40% back but maybe a good 20%
    12 Mar, 07:25 PM Reply Like
  • thierry humblet
    Comments (7) | Send Message

Even if he's wrong, Mr market is always right !
    Plug + 12,77%
    BLDP + 5,10%
    Fcel + 2,74%
    Zbb + 1,85%

Next rise could be strong again !
    What could you do Citron ? Market loves these stocks.
    12 Mar, 09:57 PM Reply Like
  • thierry humblet
    Comments (7) | Send Message

Who will decide to evaluate citron ??
    13 Mar, 10:12 PM Reply Like
  • CleanEnergyNow
    Comments (318) | Send Message

Citron should be investigated by the SEC, no question. The market should not be affected by false information and opinion from someone who is believable some of the time but makes off-the-wall calls to move the market when it suits him or his clients.
    14 Mar, 08:37 AM Reply Like
  • thierry humblet
    Comments (7) | Send Message

As i said yesterday, Market loves these stocks !!
    13 Mar, 11:28 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub