Plug Power -5.6% premarket as Roth, Cowen issue downgrades

• Plug Power (PLUG) -5.6% premarket after getting tagged with downgrades by analysts at Roth Capital and Cowen & Co.
  • Roth cuts shares to Neutral from Buy, seeing near-term risks ahead and saying 2014 bookings momentum appears to be tapering.
  • Cowen downgrades PLUG to Market Perform from Outperform with a $7.50 price target, believing strong bookings should drive sales and margin expansion but shares are fully valued.
Comments (17)
  • JMstocks75
    Comments (250) | Send Message

so Cowen does a private placement of shares for them, for a private investors at 5.74, then comes out and down grades stock? sound fishy, why?
    14 Mar 2014, 08:38 AM Reply Like
  • aow
    Comments (142) | Send Message

Man pretty much all analysts have ulterior motives. Seems they pumped the stock before the offering and now are bailing as their interest in the stock is terminated.
    14 Mar 2014, 09:00 AM Reply Like
  • Purple_K
    Comments (507) | Send Message

Also, I would submit these same analysts you claim have "ulterior motives" (as opposed to your pure, wholly altruistic reasons for investing) are the same analysts $PLUG sheep were touting as being "forward thinking" and "visionary"

*chuckle*

Ah, naivete....
    14 Mar 2014, 09:09 AM Reply Like
  • aow
    Comments (142) | Send Message

Actually I'm not invested in plug long or short. Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole and have always thought Cowen's ratings were most suspect as they often target small caps with low floats (i.e. a recipe a for easy pumps).
    14 Mar 2014, 09:39 AM Reply Like
  • baozebub
    Comments (376) | Send Message

Yeah, that's really fishy. If it was worth 8, you'd think they'd have issued the stock at no less than 7.5 just 5 days ago.
    14 Mar 2014, 11:12 AM Reply Like
  • Purple_K
    Comments (507) | Send Message

Let me help you: 1) Insiders dumped 100% on sheep on Mon/Tues 2) There is zero reality behind stock 3) Cowen needs credibilty to get new bus.

You notice no downgrade at 11, right? That couldn't happen because the entire mgmt of this green energy ponzi scheme was shoveling stock out to idiots who cant read a financial report with both hands.

I said it a few days ago - if you don't know who the bagholder is, it's probably you. Buying a stock up 4000% in a 52-week period where the insiders WOULDN'T at .15, well, I don't wish losses on anyone, but you kinda deserve to learn the hard way. (you being whoever)
    14 Mar 2014, 09:07 AM Reply Like
  • atrickpay
    Comments (491) | Send Message

seekingalpha: the links you provided to the downrgades go to a locked twitter feed,,let's get some better sourcing
    14 Mar 2014, 09:41 AM Reply Like
  • PChan444
    Comments (514) | Send Message

Looking tough for plug. Maybe good short.?
    14 Mar 2014, 09:53 AM Reply Like
  • Duke LLC
    Comments (14) | Send Message

Does anyone here really buy on wall street upgrades and downgrades?? I buy when they sell and i sell when they say buy.
    Long term this stock is fine, we have a new bottom of 5.75, as more new news comes out i expect to see higher prices..
    Good luck to all longs the shorts are still at work here so be very suspicious of anything that's posted....
    Lastly CNBC should be ashamed of itself for putting a Short on TV as if he didn't have a personal interest in writing that bullshit article he wrote. That guy made millions while people lost fortunes..
    14 Mar 2014, 09:58 AM Reply Like
  • Purple_K
    Comments (507) | Send Message

If people lost "fortunes", since the stock is currently mid-7's, that means they paid above 7.5 (approx) by your figuring. Proceeding along that line of thought, that means they bought in some size no earlier that 3/7 (or they'd still be profitable). So youre saying people invested "fortunes" in a stock up several thousand % less than a week ago, and got raped, and somehow that's someone ELSE'S fault?

In review:
    1) Paid insane valuation
    2) Bought more than is prudent
    3) Someone else's fault

This is the problem with America. No personal responsibility.

I hope "Duke LLC" Doesnt manage OPM, because you are sadly naive.
    14 Mar 2014, 10:12 AM Reply Like
  • Duke LLC
    Comments (14) | Send Message

Purple_K, Im saying that people need to beware and stop reading the ridiculous stuff that is posted here on Seeking Alpha, I've been in and out of this over 1000 times since the beginning of 2014. So the people who's money i do manage have done very well the first 3 months of 2014.
    Also I don't see any entity taking investing 20 Mil at 5.75, if they didn't feel this stock would be much higher in the future. Follow the money my friend not all the Bullshitters that cant trade to save themselves. This Market is Rigged but as always the strong will continue to prosper..
    Long or short, there is a place and time for both positions but shorts getting writing article like this to get the stock down is crazy...
    2 Apr 2014, 12:19 PM Reply Like
  • GameKing13
    Comments (471) | Send Message

Purple: I don't get you. Are you actively persuading a sell now?
    14 Mar 2014, 11:10 AM Reply Like
  • Purple_K
    Comments (507) | Send Message

Not in the least, but I'm holding my APR 9 puts. The price action sucks in both directions (so far) and I had thought earnings move would be more decisive one way or the other. If I was long I would have sold way before this, and I'd never short AFTER a 41% down move, regardless of Citron's .50 target or not. This company is total shit, but as we saw from 2013-now (+4000% move), even total shit can go insane. If it based out between 4-5 perhaps even some calls but for now the wind is out of the sails on this - watch volume dry up day by day.
    14 Mar 2014, 11:40 AM Reply Like
  • GameKing13
    Comments (471) | Send Message

Purple: I hold 500 shares which I've bought and sold riding the highs and lows. I know the company is not worth where it is now but it will in the future. But the point is that due to uneducated speculators, it is grossly overvalued but it will STAY overvalued
    14 Mar 2014, 01:07 PM Reply Like
  • cactus jack 65
    Comments (258) | Send Message

Ah the naïveté.. I'm starting to see that when I look in the mirror.. I did pull out 5k profit.. But bought back in.. Currently down $300 on 2000 shares And not sure how much of the 5k I want to give back..
    14 Mar 2014, 06:20 PM Reply Like
  • cactus jack 65
    Comments (258) | Send Message

14 Mar 2014, 06:20 PM Reply Like
  • Purple_K
    Comments (507) | Send Message

Youve been a consistent supporter of $PLUG cactus, so I will give you that. However, don't marry a stock, no matter how long you've been together. Sometimes, it's just over. I did quite well Mon-Tues but there hasn't been a compelling reason to do anything further, as I said above. It just didn't react good enough on earning to re-establish puts, nor did it crater enough (for me) to consider buying. The slow erosion all day right into close isn't a good sign for longs, but I was wrong about earnings so who knows. The puts I still hold are far and away house money so I'm willing to wait a little closer to April exp before closing out. Congrats on the 5k, and whatever you do don't give it ALL back.

There are old investors and bold investors - but no old bold investors, you know?
    14 Mar 2014, 07:03 PM Reply Like