- Vladimir Putin has authorized a draft treaty for Crimea to join Russia and has formally notified his country's parliament of the Ukrainian province's request in that regard.
- The actions follow Putin signing a decree yesterday that recognizes Crimea's independence, which has allowed negotiations on annexation to start.
- Putin is due to address parliament later today.
- The move also comes despite the U.S. and EU yesterday imposing sanctions on leading Russian officials.
- More on Crimea.
- Russia's Micex stock index is +0.6%, while the USD-RUB is +0.2% at 36.495 rubles.
- Russian and Eastern European ETFs: RSX, RUSL, ERUS, RUSS, RSXJ, RBL, RUDR, GUR, ESR