Caution on Michael Kors from Barclays

Michael Kors (KORS) is initiated with an Underweight rating by Barclays and given a soft price target of $85.

The investment firm thinks the string has run out on the retailer's valuation.

KORS -0.6% premarket

From other sites
Comments (13)
  • deercreekvols
    Comments (9736) | Send Message

From the update...

the consensus price target is closer to $105. Barclays now matches the street’s lowest analyst price target.

Consensus price target is closer to $105. That's good enough for me to know that Barclays "expert" is looking for headlines by undershooting $20.
    18 Mar 2014, 09:13 AM Reply Like
  • barnsterb
    Comments (20) | Send Message

I wonder if anyone from Barclay's ever walks into Macy's, Sak's, etc and sees what women want. Personally I think this is one stupid downgrade.
    18 Mar 2014, 09:16 AM Reply Like
  • rickraff
    Comments (319) | Send Message

Someone at Barclay's is not paying attention. All the high school and college girls got a Michael Kors watch for Valentine's day. This note is one year late. Is Oliver Chen now working at Barclay's? This note may provide a buy opportunity, as another blowout quarter is in the not too distant future.
    18 Mar 2014, 09:28 AM Reply Like
  • jeepnsam
    Comments (54) | Send Message

CA teens are snapping up MK gear soon as it hit the shelves.
    18 Mar 2014, 09:29 AM Reply Like
  • rickraff
    Comments (319) | Send Message

How do these firms get away with this criminal behavior?
    18 Mar 2014, 09:37 AM Reply Like
  • bgold1955
    Comments (2352) | Send Message

Adding more in low $90's. Winter line for '14 was applauded by ALL. Spring line now is very strong. Confusing initiation from my perspective.
    18 Mar 2014, 11:02 AM Reply Like
  • lcatsano
    Comment (1) | Send Message

The downgrade to KORS by Barclays has to be the most ridiculous statement regarding a stock valuation that I have seen in a long time. I just couldn't read that comment and not respond. They obviously overlooked KORS' current financial fundamentals together with their continued growth in revenue, EPS and market share. Not a chance that I walk away from KORS.
    18 Mar 2014, 11:31 AM Reply Like
  • 11146471
    Comments (1381) | Send Message

Agree!

Especially with an expanding US & Global economy (today's PMI numbers)!

And while KORS was the only clothing firm that not only stood firm during a bad Christmas season, but (and without offering any discounts at all, while all the other firms were offsetting prices like crazy) more than that, smashed all analysts predictions of revenues and profits and brought Coach to it's knees!
    3 Apr 2014, 01:27 PM Reply Like
  • fendermon
    Comments (900) | Send Message

Had to add a bit to my stake after an info less downgrade like that. Lame...

Kors is my new measuring stick for growth stocks.
    18 Mar 2014, 01:04 PM Reply Like
  • check-mate
    Comments (123) | Send Message

I was getting a bit worried until my wife came home tonight with a new MK purse, after all her last one is at least a year old , and a new MK dress. I guess we are going out !
    I always get my girls a gift card for birthdays, I asked, and they said
    Dad, a MK gift card

Enough said
    19 Mar 2014, 05:26 PM Reply Like
  • jeepnsam
    Comments (54) | Send Message

selling something else (for profit or course) and adding more $KORS
    25 Mar 2014, 01:11 PM Reply Like
  • 11146471
    Comments (1381) | Send Message

I strongly believe that these guys in Barclays are somewhat clueless!
    3 Apr 2014, 01:19 PM Reply Like
  • 11146471
    Comments (1381) | Send Message

They actually believe that with an expanding economy (in US and globally: look the today's global & US PMI numbers) and the consumer's confidence being so high plus a falling jobless rate, KORS will actually devalue (as if staying at the same levels was not suffice) is something beyond my comprehension!
    3 Apr 2014, 01:23 PM Reply Like