- The price of milk rose to an all-time high yesterday on the back of strong demand from global buyers.
- A tough winter in the U.S. has also curtailed production tallies.
- Most of the additional milk costs are being passed on to consumers, according to data from the USDA. Milk prices rose 27% Y/Y in February.
- Analysts are split on how much wiggle room companies have to boost prices higher with consumers before hitting stiff resistance.
- Milk futures charts
- Stocks with a tie-in to milk: SJM, DF, NSRGY, WWAV, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, KO, GIS, SYUT, ADY.
at CNBC.com (Tue, 4:52PM)