There go milk prices

• The price of milk rose to an all-time high yesterday on the back of strong demand from global buyers.
  • A tough winter in the U.S. has also curtailed production tallies.
  • Most of the additional milk costs are being passed on to consumers, according to data from the USDA. Milk prices rose 27% Y/Y in February.
  • Analysts are split on how much wiggle room companies have to boost prices higher with consumers before hitting stiff resistance.
  • Milk futures charts
  • Stocks with a tie-in to milk: SJM, DF, NSRGY, WWAV, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, KO, GIS, SYUT, ADY.
Comments (8)
  • Philberg
    , contributor
    Comments (76) | Send Message

is SBUX hedged against this like they are with coffee?
    18 Mar, 08:55 AM Reply Like
  • Michael Bryant
    , contributor
    Comments (5582) | Send Message

Politicians left out subsides to milk farmers in the new Farm Bill. Barrons had said this will happen months ago. Bloomberg also reported it. Now check soy prices. Soy milk anybody. There is almond milk too.
    18 Mar, 09:20 PM Reply Like
  • JohnBinTN
    , contributor
    Comments (3754) | Send Message

Soy milk and almond milk are gross. ;)
    18 Mar, 10:00 PM Reply Like
  • Michael Bryant
    , contributor
    Comments (5582) | Send Message

Soy milk is not bad. Did you know crab meat can be made from soy? Almond milk is not very tasty to me. Soy chocolate milk tastes almost like regular chocolate milk.
    18 Mar, 11:24 PM Reply Like
  • JohnBinTN
    , contributor
    Comments (3754) | Send Message

Can't they make like tires, and spaceships, and ceramic tile, and such from soybeans, too? Sorry - had soy milk once - spit it out like I had just consumed the most vile thing ever to pass my lips. :) It was at an asian friend's house, and he asked me if I wanted a 'juice box'... Blech. Always read the label...

My opinion of almond milk is unfounded, as I have never had it. But I got burned bad on the soy milk, so I'll stick to the bovine variety, thanks. ;)
    19 Mar, 10:27 PM Reply Like
  • goldtrim
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

Soy milk can raise estrogen levels in men. I prefer Hemp milk which has a nutty flavor similar to hazelnuts. It also has more body than rice or almond milk. I have used it in cooking to replace milk, use it on cereal, or just drink a glass of it. Hemp milk is lactose and cholesterol free. Also soy and gluten free. It is a Nutrition dynamo with a natural source of balanced Omega 3 and 6 Omega fatty acids. It is an excellent source of Protein, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamins D, B12 and Riboflavin. Try it out you may like it.
    19 Mar, 01:07 PM Reply Like
  • Michael Bryant
    , contributor
    Comments (5582) | Send Message

Hemp milk? http://bit.ly/1gSiWGb Here we go. Marijuana stocks!
    "Marijuana and hemp are different varieties of the same species of plant, Cannabis sativa L."
    19 Mar, 09:05 PM Reply Like
  • Steve Tinnes
    , contributor
    Comments (74) | Send Message

Strawberry milk is good
    19 Mar, 10:08 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub