- China's government just can't help itself. The State Council intends to accelerate construction projects and enact other measures in order to expand domestic demand and stabilize growth.
- The plan comes amid data which suggests that the economy is softening. However, it also contrasts with noises from China's leadership that it's prepared to tolerate slower growth in order to enact reform that would shift the economy away from heavy industry and towards consumption.
- Meanwhile, foreign money entering China plummeted to a five-month low of $21.1B in February from $72.3B in January. The plunge suggests that the government's attempts to discourage speculation on yuan appreciation by forcing the currency to fall may be enjoying initial success. The inflows of hot money can be a problem, as they can inflate asset prices.
- The Shanghai Composite is -0.3%, while the USD-CNY is +0.4% at 6.219 yuan.
- ETFs: FXI, PGJ, GXC, FXP, YINN, CYB, KWEB, HAO, CNY, ASHR, CHIQ, DSUM, TAO, CHIX, YANG, CQQQ, MCHI, PEK, QQQC, XPP, YAO, CHXX, YXI, CHII, FXCH, CHXF, ECNS, CHIM, CHIE, KFYP, FCA, TCHI, CHLC, CHNA, KBA
China to accelerate projects in order to support growth
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 20, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 4, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 26, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 12, 2015)
at Investor's Business Daily (Jan 8, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs