- "Yellen didn’t sound at all like a lady with much conviction on that six-month timeframe," says the WSJ's Jon Hilsenrath, offering his take on the line that seemed to upset Wall Street so much yesterday.
- A check of the Fed schedule finds the late October meeting the one at which the FOMC could decide to end QE. Six months from that point suggests a rate hike in April, "but a lot would have to go right in the economy for that to happen," he writes. "Yellen doesn’t sound like a person who feels particularly bound to that course."
- What Yellen did do yesterday, he says, is reawaken investors to interest rate risk - Wall Street had become a bit complacent in believing hikes weren't coming until mid-to-late 2015, and now must price in the chance of tighter policy somewhat ahead of that time frame.
- Long-term yields have backed off a bit from yesterday's spike, the 10-year Treasury down four basis points to 2.78%, but the 2-year Treasury gains another basis point to 0.43% - matching its highest level since September. The June 2015 Eurodollar futures contract is pricing in a Fed Funds rate about 40 basis points higher than it is today.
- ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, SHY, IEF, TBF, PST, EDV, TTT, TMF, ZROZ, SBND, TLH, IEI, DLBS, TYO, DTYS, VGLT, BIL, UST, SHV, UBT, TBX, VGIT, TLO, VGSH, SCHO, GSY, DTYL, SCHR, LBND, ITE, TENZ, TYBS, TYD, DTUL, SST, DTUS, TUZ, FIVZ, DFVL, TBZ, DLBL, DFVS, TYNS
Hilsenrath: Market was too complacent about timing of rate hikes
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 2, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 15, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 31, 2014)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 23, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs