- "We’ll be making a big technology announcement in June around how we are going to approach this," said H-P (HPQ +2.2%) CEO Meg Whitman at yesterday's annual meeting.
- Whitman argued current 3D printers suffer from speed and substrate quality shortcomings, and insisted her company has "solved both these problems."
- H-P will initially focus on the business market, where the company is a giant in the conventional printing space. Last October, Whitman suggested H-P will price aggressively.
- H-P is making 3-year highs once again, following news of its dividend hike. 3D printer vendors are selling off in the wake of Whitman's remarks and ExOne (XONE -9.5%) Q4 miss and soft guidance. DDD -3.3%. SSYS -2%. VJET -2.1%.
- Yesterday: H-P makes multi-year highs ahead of annual meeting
at Nasdaq.com (Mon, 12:34PM)