- Again, all 30 lenders subject to the Fed stress test passed with the exception of Zions Bancorp. Checking the individual results:
- Regional banks passing: BB&T Corp. (BBT), Comerica (CMA), Fifth Third (FITB), Huntington (HBAN), KeyCorp (KEY), M&T (MTB), PNC, Regions (RF), SunTrust (STI), U.S. Bancorp (USB).
- Credit card lenders: American Express (AXP), Discover (see here), Capital One (COF).
- Those controlled by overseas holding companies: BBVA Compass, BMO FInancial, HSBC North America, RBS Citizens Financial, Santander Holdings USA (SAN), UnionBanCal (MTU).
- Trust banks: Bank of New York (BK), State Street (STT), Northern Trust (NTRS).
- TBTFs: See here.
- More on Zions (ZION): The failure likely has something to do with CDOs on its books backed by trust-preferred securities. The bank signaled earlier this year it would likely resubmit its capital plan to the Fed as the test's calculation of its capital ratio wouldn't reflect Zion's planned sale of these.
From other sites
at MarketRealist.com (Mar 27, 2015)
at MarketRealist.com (Mar 26, 2015)
at 4-traders.com (Mar 25, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 12, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 10, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs