- Novartis (NVS) will still need to invest in R&D to face the challenge of selling new drugs to national health systems as cheaper generics come online, Chairman Joerg Reinhardt says: "With every new product coming off patent, the benchmark comes up."
- "We need to add value, life-prolonging or quality-of-life benefits that are meaningful enough for payers around the world to say, 'Yes, I'm willing to pay a premium over generic opportunities,' " he says.
- The company raised in-house R&D spending 5.6% to $9.85B last year while competitors like Merck are streamlining.
- Along those lines, Novartis is still likely to divest at least one of its smaller divisions.
- Reinhardt adds he's not expecting a bigger strategic interaction with Roche, despite Novartis holding a third of Roche's voting stock.
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Fri, 9:00AM)
at Zacks.com (Tue, 4:13PM)
at Investor's Business Daily (Feb 23, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Investor's Business Daily (Jan 26, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs